Turlock Irrigation District

Established in 1887, the Turlock Irrigation District is the first publicly owned irrigation district in the state and one of only four in California today that also provides electric retail energy directly to homes, farms and businesses. Organized under the Wright Act, the District operates under the provisions of the California Water Code as a special district. TID is also an independent control area and is governed by a five member Board of Directors.